James E. Grant is the Managing Partner/CEO of J.E. Grant General Contractors, Inc., dba Grant General Contractors, and has led the construction efforts of the company over the past twenty-five years. Mr. Grant graduated in 1980 from California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Construction Engineering. Since 1981, he has been extensively involved in the company’s construction operations and corporate management including business development, administrative and financial matters.
- Overall management of the construction and development related entities with all departments reporting to him.
- California licensed General Building Contractor
- Representation for trade groups, and civic and local charitable organizations.
- Board Member for Casa de Amparo in San Marcos, CA
- Elder at Coastline Church in Carlsbad, CA.
Mr. Ross graduated from the University of Mississippi in 1998 with a Bachelor’s in Accountancy.
He has been in the construction field for over 20 years and is the 3rd generation of contractors in his family.
- Handles marketing and client relations
- Preconstruction services and budgeting
- Estimating and Project Management
- Contract Review
Mr. Nelson graduated magna cum laude from the University of Minnesota in 1983 with a Bachelor of Accounting degree.
He was employed by Deloitte Haskins & Sells, a national certified public accounting firm for over five years and left as an Audit Manager specializing in real estate construction.
- Directs all aspects of the company’s financial, legal and tax matters
- Certified Public Accountant
- Member and Past President of the Construction Financial Management Association.
- Licensed California Real Estate Broker and is broker of record for Grant’s corporate real estate license.
Mr. Peevey graduated in 1973 from Louisiana State University with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Construction Technology.
Immediately after graduation he was employed by a general contracting firm in Louisiana and rapidly moved into project management and estimating, and was promoted to chief estimator. In 1977 he was named Vice President, Estimating, and held this position until joining Grant General Contractors, Inc. as Chief Estimator in 1986.
- Vice President of Operations and a Principal of the Corporation
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the Company including Project Management and Field Construction Operations
- American Society of Professional Estimators
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- National Association of Church Design Builders (NACDB), and is a Certified Church Consultant.
Mr. Woods has nearly 40 years construction experience involving retail/commercial, institutional, governmental and public works projects.
His construction career began with C.E. Wylie Construction Co. in 1978, a public works contractor specializing in military, institutional and public infrastructure projects.
Mr. Woods joined Grant General Contractors, Inc. in May of 1999 and he currently is Chief Estimator.
- Pre-Construction services for the Retail, Commercial, Church, Park and School building projects
- Project assessment, subcontractor bidding, quantitative estimating and pricing
- Subcontract / purchase order origination
- Supervises a staff including estimators and an administrative assistant
- Conceptual budgeting, plan / specification review and project analysis for value-engineering
Mr. Seiler attended Palomar College and received a certificate of completion/California Carpentry Apprenticeship.
He has also completed Certificate in Construction Safety Management at UCSD Extension.
Mr. Seiler joined Grant General Contractors, Inc. in 1986 as a Project Superintendent and entered Project Management in 1997 advancing to Senior Project Manager on 2005.
- Client interaction, subcontract awards and administration, oversight of subcontractors
- Construction budgets and schedules
- Direction of Field Superintendents, project documentation and timely project completions
- Project Safety Director.
- Certified Erosion, Sediment and Storm Water Inspector (CESSWI)
- Certified Concrete Floor Slab-testing Technician
- Qualified SWPPP Practitioner (QSP)
- Corporate-level Contact for Primavera’s Project Manager Software (Expedition)
Scott M. Medansky, Controller
Mr. Medansky graduated from State University of New York Albany with a Bachelor of Accounting Degree. He also has a Graduate Degree in Finance from San Diego State University. During his career he has worked for both private and public home-building companies, private land development companies, and a general contracting company in various financial roles all based in Southern California.
- Mr. Medansky joined the Grant team in 2015.
- Manages the day to day Accounting functions.